Home Celebrity I’m A Celeb’s Ant and Dec discuss how stars coped with being removed from the castle #englishheadline #Celebs #Ant #Dec #discuss #stars #coped #removed #castle

I’m A Celeb’s Ant and Dec discuss how stars coped with being removed from the castle #englishheadline #Celebs #Ant #Dec #discuss #stars #coped #removed #castle

by englishheadline
0 comment


I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly detailed how the stars found life outside the castle – after they were removed from camp due to Storm Arwen.

The hit ITV show was pulled off-air for three nights due to damage caused by the storm – with the celebrities forced back into quarantine after a week in Gwrych Castle, due to safety fears. They have now returned to camp.

Appearing on Tuesday’s This Morning, ahead of the show’s return to screen this evening, the presenters said some of the stars had difficulty readjusting to normal life and had even taken to sleeping on the floor.

Back on: I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly detailed how the stars found life outside the castle – after they were removed from camp due to Storm Arwen (pictured last week)

Discussing the damage to camp, Ant said:  ‘The only reason they took the celebrities out of there was because we felt it was mean keeping them in there when we can’t film them, we can’t do trials with them. 

‘We took them into quarantine and it’s like how it was before the show, no phones, no internet, they’re cut off from the world.

Dec added: ‘They’d been in there the best part of a week and had bonded and were gutted to leave. 

‘Arlene (Phillips) took her sleeping bag to her digs. Danny (Miller) has been sleeping on the floor because he’s not comfortable on the bed. They’re raring to get back in because they want the full experience.

Get me back in there! The hit ITV show was pulled off-air for three nights due to damage caused by the storm - with the celebrities forced back into quarantine after a week in Gwrych Castle, due to safety fears. They have now returned to camp (pictured last week)

Get me back in there! The hit ITV show was pulled off-air for three nights due to damage caused by the storm – with the celebrities forced back into quarantine after a week in Gwrych Castle, due to safety fears. They have now returned to camp (pictured last week)

Disaster: The ITV show's producers has said it was 'the worst case scenario' to lose three episodes of the money-making series and are devastated that the relentless weather conditions have destroyed valuable equipment

Disaster: The ITV show’s producers has said it was ‘the worst case scenario’ to lose three episodes of the money-making series and are devastated that the relentless weather conditions have destroyed valuable equipment

‘They were absolutely gutted to leave and were like, ‘Just get us back in as soon as you can.’ 

A cheeky Ant added: ‘Although Frankie (Bridge) did take all her knickers to wash in the sink because they smell. I hear these things.’ 

Discussing the extent of the damage, Dec said: ‘Sure enough the storm started coming in so we pre-recorded the show and went home. 

‘We came back to our cottages and could hear the winds howling and knew it was rough. Then we got a call on Saturday morning saying the wind had pretty much destroyed the tech base. 

‘The site was unsafe, no one was allowed back on site. There was no choice but to just pull the show over the weekend which we were just gutted about. The celebrities had to come out and go back into quarantine. 

‘The production team have been brilliant in getting the celebs back in so we can start the show again. It’s been a monumental effort on everyone’s part.’

Struggling to adjust: The hosts said: 'Arlene (Phillips) took her sleeping bag to her digs. Danny (Miller) has been sleeping on the floor because he's not comfortable on the bed'

Struggling to adjust: The hosts said: ‘Arlene (Phillips) took her sleeping bag to her digs. Danny (Miller) has been sleeping on the floor because he’s not comfortable on the bed’

In the wake of the storm, fears were sparked that this year’s series would be axed, and Ant said: ‘They could have quite easily said there’s too much damage done to the production base and we won’t be able to get back on the air but they’ve worked round the clock.’

The 2021 series has been plagued by drama, including the departure of much-hyped contestant Richard Madeley – who was forced to quit the castle after falling ill and breaking the show’s Covid secure bubble with a hospital visit. 

Dec said: ‘We tried to get him for so long and every year we were badgering him to do it and this year he finally said yes and unfortunately had a funny turn and had to come out. That was really frustrating. 

‘Physically, he was fine to do it but it was just it had broken the restrictions which was so frustrating.

Ant then said: ‘It’s a slight worry because there’s more bad weather coming next week. A bit of snow and a bit of frost, I think we can cope with that, fingers crossed.

Campmate: A cheeky Ant added: 'Although Frankie (Bridge) did take all her knickers to wash in the sink because they smell. I hear these things'

Campmate: A cheeky Ant added: ‘Although Frankie (Bridge) did take all her knickers to wash in the sink because they smell. I hear these things’

Back in: Teaser snaps from Tuesday's episode show Kadeena Cox back in the castle and taking part in the Bed Chamber of Thrills trial with Arlene

Back in: Teaser snaps from Tuesday’s episode show Kadeena Cox back in the castle and taking part in the Bed Chamber of Thrills trial with Arlene

‘It’s been a challenge. We’re back on air tonight and we can’t wait to get going again. 

Dec retorted: ‘We never get this in Australia!’The celebs are heading back into camp and we’ll shoot a trial tonight and hopefully resume business as normal.’  

Also on Tuesday, former campmate AJ Pritchard claimed the celebrities were in a ‘spa retreat eating as much as they can’ while in quarantine.

The former Strictly star, who appeared on the 2020 series, said on GMB: 

Imagine going into the cold, in the castle, knowing you’re going to have trials and they’re like: ‘Oh no, now you’re going to go a spa retreat quickly’.

‘They’ll eat as much food as they want, get warm – then oh no, they’ve got to go back into the cold.’  

Wow: The trial looks to be one of the most terrifying yet

Wow: The trial looks to be one of the most terrifying yet

This comes as I’m A Celebrity bosses described the damage caused by Storm Arwen a ‘£1million disaster’ as the show was kept off air for its third night running on Monday. 

The ITV show’s producers said it was ‘the worst case scenario’ to lose three episodes of the money-making series and are devastated that the relentless weather conditions have destroyed valuable equipment.

The seven-figure sum has also been raked up by lost advertising revenue and staffing costs, with team members working around the clock to resolve the amounting problems. 

Unprecedented:This comes as I'm A Celebrity bosses described the damage caused by Storm Arwen a '£1million disaster' as the show was kept off air for its third night running on Monday

Unprecedented:This comes as I’m A Celebrity bosses described the damage caused by Storm Arwen a ‘£1million disaster’ as the show was kept off air for its third night running on Monday

A show source revealed to The Sun: ‘It’s been a complete nightmare of a weekend.

‘Some really expensive equipment was damaged in the storm, not just a few marquees going over here and there.

‘Everyone is working every hour under the sun – and with hired help that also means extra pay. It’s been described on site as the £1million ­disaster. It’s been an expensive few days to say the least.’

Nightmare: The seven-figure sum has also been raked up by lost advertising revenue and staffing costs, with team members working around the clock to resolve the amounting problems

Nightmare: The seven-figure sum has also been raked up by lost advertising revenue and staffing costs, with team members working around the clock to resolve the amounting problems

On Saturday, the celebrities were evacuated from Gwrych Castle on after Storm Arwen battered Abergele, in Conwy. 

They returned to quarantine, where they had spent two weeks before they entered the camp just over a week ago. 

In a new Instagram video on Monday, hosts Ant and Dec reiterated that the I’m A Celebrity team ‘worked around the clock, 24/7, to get the site back up and ready and safe’ ahead of the show’s return on Tuesday November 30.    

Upheaval: On Saturday, the celebrities were evacuated from Gwrych Castle on after Storm Arwen battered Abergele, in Conwy

Upheaval: On Saturday, the celebrities were evacuated from Gwrych Castle on after Storm Arwen battered Abergele, in Conwy

ITV confirmed on Monday its flagship show would not be broadcast for a third night after Storm Arwen devastated Gwrych Castle where the show is filmed.

In a new clip shared on Monday, the presenting duo, both 46, spoke to fans from their Welsh accommodation’s plush kitchen, with Dec gushing: ‘Hello and welcome to We’re Celebrities, Get Us In There! We’re back Tuesday at 9 o’clock on ITV.’  

The presenter said in full: ‘Hello and welcome to We’re Celebrities, Get Us In There! We’ve got great news.

Back in business: Ant and Dec have revealed in a new Instagram video that the I'm A Celebrity team 'worked around the clock, 24/7, to get the site back up and ready and safe'

Back in business: Ant and Dec have revealed in a new Instagram video that the I’m A Celebrity team ‘worked around the clock, 24/7, to get the site back up and ready and safe’

‘The team has worked around the clock, 24/7, to get the site back up and ready and safe to carry on, and we can do so. We’re back Tuesday at 9 o’clock on ITV.’  

Hilariously gesturing to a toy castle and figurines that sat on the kitchen table in front of himself and Dec, Ant added: ‘Which means we don’t have to present to this [toy] castle and these [toy] figures pretending they’re celebrities anymore.’

The following caption also accompanied the clip: ‘Good news!! Our amazing Production team have been working round the clock to get the #ImACeleb site back up and running following the damage caused by Storm Arwen, and we’ll be back in the Castle at 9pm tomorrow night (Tuesday 30th November)!’

Caption: A caption accompanied the clip that read in part: 'Good news! Our amazing team have been working round the clock to get the #ImACeleb site back up and running'

Caption: A caption accompanied the clip that read in part: ‘Good news! Our amazing team have been working round the clock to get the #ImACeleb site back up and running’



.

#Celebs #Ant #Dec #discuss #stars #coped #removed #castle

You may also like

Leave a Comment

close