Australia

Andrews Government brings back dining and entertaining voucher program for Victorian residents, allowing multiple claims in spring English Headline


Victorians will be able to claim parts of their night out if they dine or attend live shows after the Andrews Government announced the return of its popular cashback scheme.

Labor’s Dining and Entertaining Program – which was designed to boost spending post-COVID – will be available as the state warms up over spring, after re-opening on Monday, September 19.

The first round of the program was launched in March and saw more than $32 million claimed in three months across popular CBD restaurants and Harry Potter performances.

Under the Eat, Play, Cashback scheme, Victorians can claim 25 per cent of their money back when they spend at least $40 on dining or entertaining experiences across the state.

Although multiple claims can be made, money reimbursed is capped at $125 back per resident.

Industry Recovery and Support Minister Ben Carrol said the initiative would support “hardworking businesses” who have struggled to recover after the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Whether it’s booking a table for lunch or heading to a live music event, this cash-back program puts money back into people’s pockets and supports hardworking businesses across Victoria,” Mr Carrol said.

“This program also helps build business and consumer confidence, while supporting jobs and boosting the state’s economy.”

Eligible purchases can be lodged on the Service Victoria app and include dining at restaurants, cafes, pubs or attending events such as live music or gallery exhibitions.

Victorians will have ample opportunity to make a claim after Premier Daniel Andrews announced a two month Always Live music extravaganza last month.

Dua Lipa announced in August that she would join Crowded House and Sampa the Great as headliners for the 90 events across the state from October till December.

Minister for Tourism and Major Events Steve Dimopolous said he hoped the program would incentivise residents to attend the “blockbuster summer of major events”.

“With a blockbuster summer of major events upon us, we’re providing Victorians even more reasons to get out and enjoy everything the state has to offer – while saving money and supporting local businesses,” Mr Dimopoulos said.

The state government has allocated $25 million to the program, which will run until December 16 or until all money has been used by entertainment seeking Victorians.



English Headline

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Most Popular

To Top