UK

Major update in case of teen who ‘killed five’ as mistrial is announced after key new evidence emerges English Headline


A TEENAGE boy allegedly murdered his five family members and three years later, one of the victims’ cellphones was unlocked and logged into evidence during his trial.

Mason Sisk, 17, is on trial after being accused of shooting his parents and three younger siblings aged six, four, and six months in Elkmont, Alabama in September of 2019.

Mason Sisk, 17, (left) allegedly murdered his family members back in 2019

4

Mason Sisk, 17, (left) allegedly murdered his family members back in 2019Credit: WHNT
Mary Sisk, 35, (pictured) shared text messages with Mason, which police just obtained on Wednesday

4

Mary Sisk, 35, (pictured) shared text messages with Mason, which police just obtained on WednesdayCredit: Huntsville City Schools
Sisk's siblings, Kane, 6, (left), Aurora, 4, (right), and Colson, 6 mos., (center) died in the shooting

4

Sisk’s siblings, Kane, 6, (left), Aurora, 4, (right), and Colson, 6 mos., (center) died in the shootingCredit: Handout

The then-14-year-old allegedly shot his dad, John Sisk, 38, his stepmom Mary, 35, and his three young siblings, Kane, Aurora, and Colson in the head, before calling the cops and saying he was in the basement of his home when he heard gunshots.

While the cops found John and Mary’s phones back in 2019, it took the FBI three years to get into the stepmom’s phone, which they achieved on Wednesday, the third day of the trial.

The defense claimed that the messages on Mary’s phone showed a loving relationship between her and her stepson, however, the prosecution said the messages didn’t help Sisk’s team.

On Monday, a mistrial was called because the FBI found evidence pertaining to the case on Mary’s phone.

Gabby Petito's parents share new photo of her showing off three-word tattoo
Serial's Adnan Syed's murder conviction for death of ex-girlfriend VACATED

The judge also ordered that John’s phone be made available to Sisk’s lawyers within 21 days.

The police previously found another piece of evidence – the handgun that they believe Sisk used to murder his family, which was tossed on the side of the road near Sisk’s home.

Cops said it had been in the house illegally.

After the murder, Sisk “ran out the door and there was very little other information given,” Limestone Sheriff’s Office spokesman Steven Young said.

Young added there were “discrepancies” in the boy’s statement and when confronted by officers he “admitted to shooting the five family members.”

Before allegedly murdering his family, Sisk tried to poison his stepmother by putting peanut butter in her coffee – knowing she was allergic, according to court files.

The documents also allege Sisk had been threatening towards his dad and forceful with his three younger half-siblings, News19 reports.

According to Sisk’s cousin, in the weeks leading up to the shooting, Sisk was “exhibiting problem behavior at school” and burning animals alive, reports WAFF-TV.

Although cops have yet to confirm a motive behind the massacre, Sisk is said to have carried out the shootings shortly after discovering Mary, did not give birth to him, a family member said.

Sisk’s dad, John, sought full custody of his son back in 2010.

He said the boy’s mother, who died the following year, had not been in her son’s life since 2008 telling a court she struggled with drinking and drugs.

He was granted emergency custody after she was found dead.

‘NO SIGN OF REMORSE’

Chief juvenile probation officer for Limestone County Tara Pressnell said: “Mason does not seem bothered by the fact that he is accused of murdering his family.

“He has not shown any sign of remorse.

“While in detention, he has not talked about his family at all.”

Sisk was charged as an adult with multiple counts of capital murder, however, if convicted, he will not get the death penalty because of his age at the time of the massacre.

In 2019 a neighbor said: “This is surreal. Now he has no one. He’s brought it upon himself.”

Family issues heartbreaking plea as 'bodies of two missing teens found'
Sherri Papini, 40, sentenced to 18 months in jail for faking own kidnapping

A new trial date is scheduled for February 13.

Both the prosecution and defense will be able to look into the new evidence in the meantime.

John, 38, (pictured) took custody of Sisk in 2010

4

John, 38, (pictured) took custody of Sisk in 2010Credit: Linkedin





English Headline

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Most Popular

To Top