The Detroit Lions have been active in NFL free agency 2023, experiencing both additions and subtractions. So for convenience, we’re tracking all the signings and departures in one place.
The new league year kicked off Wednesday, allowing signings and trades to become official.
The Lions, under the leadership of general manager Brad Holmes and coach Dan Campbell, have been aggressive right from the start of free agency, attacking the defensive line and secondary, and making a surprise move at running back. They still have spots to fill at receiver and backup quarterback, and depth to address.
And the Lions have seen four players depart from last season’s 9-8 team.
OPINION:Lions’ Brad Holmes, Dan Campbell bet on themselves, let Jamaal Williams leave
We’re keeping track of every move involving new Lions signings and their unrestricted free agents, and will update this page when news breaks.
Be sure to follow our Lions beat reporter and three-time Michigan sportswriter of the year Dave Birkett on Twitter and at freep.com for breaking news, reaction and in-depth analysis.
Who is signing with Lions
• Re-signed DT Isaiah Buggs: 2 years, $6 million
• Re-signed RB Craig Reynolds: 1-year, $1.1 million
• Re-signed LB Alex Anzalone: 3 years, $18.7 million
• Re-signed OT Matt Nelson: 1-year, $1.3 million
• Re-signed CB/S Will Harris: 1-year, $2.5 million
• Re-signed DE/DT John Cominsky: 2 years, $9.5 million
• Signed Steelers CB Cam Sutton: 3 years, $33 million
• Signed 49ers CB Emmanuel Moseley: 1-year, $6 million
• Signed Bears RB David Montgomery: 3 years, $18 million
• Signed Broncos G Graham Glasgow: 1-year, $4.5 million
NEW DB:‘Forever young’ Cam Sutton embracing leadership role in Lions revamped secondary
READ MORE:A T-shirt changed John Cominsky’s life and the text message that kept him with Lions
Lions unrestricted free agents on new teams
• RB Jamaal Williams to New Orleans Saints: 3 years, $12 million
• S DeShon Elliott to Miami Dolphins: 1-year, $1.8 million
• C/G Evan Brown to Seattle Seahawks: 1-year, $2.3 million
• LB Chris Board to New England Patriots: 2 years, $6.7 million
REACTION:Lions’ Alex Anzalone: Packers without Aaron Rodgers? Yea, it’s going to be different
Lions unrestricted free agents unsigned
• WR DJ Chark
• RB Justin Jackson
• QB Nate Sudfeld
• G Tommy Kraemer
• DE Austin Bryant
• LB Josh Woods
• CB Bobby Price
• CB Amani Oruwariye
• CB Mike Hughes
• S C.J. Moore
Stay updated on the Lions all year round at freep.com/sports/lions/.
This article originally appeared on Detroit Free Press: Detroit Lions NFL free agency signings 2023: Who’s here, who’s leaving