A VOLUNTARY recall has been issued for Gerber® Good Start® SootheProTM Powdered Infant Formula.
The Perrigo Company first issued the recall after the potential presence of Cronobacter sakazakii.
This is a rare but potentially deadly bacterium that may cause severe infections in infants with weak immune systems.
The recalled products were manufactured at the Gateway Eau Claire, Wisconsin facility from January 02, 2023, to January 18, 2023.
No distributed product tested positive for the bacteria, no adverse effects have been reported and no other products manufactured at this facility or any other of Perrigo’s facilities are affected by this recall, according to the FDA.
Consumers may request refunds and find more information about Gerber® Good Start® by contacting the Gerber Parent Resource Center on behalf of Perrigo at 1-800-777-7690 anytime 24/7.
Those with any health-related questions should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
The formula is sold at retailers across the U.S. and consumers who purchased the product after March 5, 2023 should look for the following Lot Codes and “use by” dates.
These may be found on the bottom of the package.
Any consumers who purchased the product with matching codes should immediately stop using and dispose of the product.
Gerber® Good Start® SootheProTM 12.4 oz:
- 300357651Z – USE BY 04JUL2024
- 300457651Z – USE BY 05JUL2024
- 300557651Z – USE BY 06JUL2024
- 300557652Z – USE BY 06JUL2024
- 300757651Z – USE BY 08JUL2024
- 300857651Z – USE BY 09JUL2024
- 301057651Z – USE BY 11JUL2024
- 301057652Z – USE BY 11JUL2024
- 301157651Z – USE BY 12JUL2024
Gerber® Good Start® SootheProTM 30.6 oz:
- 301357652Z – USE BY 14JUL2024
- 301457652Z – USE BY 15JUL2024
- 301557651Z – USE BY 16JUL2024
Gerber Good® Start® SootheProTM 19.4 oz:
- 301557652Z – USE BY 16JUL2024I
No other lot codes are impacted by this recall.