A man has been beaten to death after three teens and two adults approached his home looking for his 14-year-son, eager to finish a fight which started earlier in the day at school.
Christopher Wright, 43, was confronted by the group on Friday in Maryland, US, and reportedly refused them access to the teenager who was inside their home, WBAL-TV reports.
“Chris came out to tell them, he’s not coming out here to fight, and they threatened at one point to come in and get him,” Tracy Karopchinsky, Mr Wright’s partner, told 11 News.
“Then they said, ‘If he’s not going to fight, then you’re going to fight’.”
Mr Wright was attacked by the group and rushed to hospital where he died from a traumatic brain injury on Saturday. “Just looking at the damage that was done to him, that wasn’t just punching that did that … the damage was done before the ambulance ever took him away. I mean, he’d had a seizure,” Ms Karopchinsky said.
Incident caught on security camera
The attack was captured on the victim’s security cameras as well as CCTV from neighbouring properties, with the footage too traumatic for his devastated partner to watch.
“My dad and I tried to go onto the camera to look, and the first video that comes up is my 12-year-old son screaming, ‘Daddy, daddy, daddy,’ and running out of the house,” Ms Karopchinsky said.
The school had worked to address the issue after the fight, and are now working with police after the attack on Mr Wright.
Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@Englishheadlinenews.com.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.